What a dream !
A cruise in the famous irrawaddy river in Myanmar, from Bagan
to Mandalay, and Bamo up in the foothill of the Himalayas.
There is more and more opportunity to travel by boat in Myanmar.
Very recently a new line open to Mergui Island. We will post
soon new information.
Special note for Mandalay - Bagan cruise - daily cruise.
Shwekennery and Malikha boat will operate for the high season 2013-2014 on a daily basis (since many years, it is was only every two or three days).
For the rainy season (monson), we are not sure that they will operate next year (2014) on daily basis (or not).
- Shwe Keinnery :
This company propose cruise between Mandalay and Bagan with what was called a fast boat (it is the only boat for tourist).
Shwe Keinnery also organises boat cruise between Mandalay and Bhamaw.
More information and schedule for 2013 : Here
- Delta Queen : All cruise from / to Yangon and from /to Pathein have been cancelled until further notice.
The best way to make the Yangon Pathein cruise is to use the daily public boats leaving from Yangon around 17h00 and arriving early morning at Pathein.
Be careful, it is local public boat, confort is minimal.
- Amara Cruise : Very nice cruise with small teak boat (only 7 cabins) from Mandalay to Bagan or Bhamo.
Amara cruise has two nice traditional Myanmar river boat made with teak wood.
There is only 7 cabins but all confort and security. The boat can go upstream to Bhamo until march.
It is a very nice way to discover Myanmar, with a friendly, charming small boat.
More info, price and sailing schedule :
- Road to Mandalay :
and superb luxury boat sailling between Mandalay , Bagan, Bamo
on the Irrawaddy or the Chindwin river. Cruise last from 3 to
10 days. A real nice way to visiting Myanmar.
- Rv Pandaw 1947 -Ayrvata Cruises : cruises on the Irrawaddy river and the Chindwin. One boat is a lot steamer from 1947, renovated. Very nice, very exlaxing, shorter cruises than Road to Mandalay and also much more cheaper, very nice boat and cruise anyway. Highly recommended.
- Mergui Princess : A unique, splendid cruise in the Mergui Archipelago. You will have 3 days to 7 days to explore yourself the virgin islands of the Mergui archipelago. The boat is charter only for you and can carry up to 5 people. Your journey can start from Myanmar (Mergui and Kawthaung) or even from Thailand (Rannong)
- Sittwe - Ngapali (Tangot) Cruise : It is possible to travel from Sittwe to the port of Tangot (north of Ngapali) by boat, either in one day, or in 1 night two days with a stop at Kyaukphyu island. More informations
- Sittwe - Mrauk U : Now the situation is again quiet is this region (september 2013). It is again possible to go. You have multiple choices, private boat, speed boat, government boats. More information